[ANSTHRLD] Charged Tierces (was Re: Odd question)

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu May 13 11:47:25 PDT 2010

In case anyone is interested in the ruling, the restriction originally appeared in the cover letter of the February 1991 LoAR.  ( http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/1991/02/cvr.html )

CHARGED TIERCES

Owing to what is becoming overwhelming support for the idea, on and after June 1, 1991, the College will no longer register charged sides or tierces. The three-month delay in implementing this action will allow those submissions with charged tierces currently pending at the College level to be considered without prejudice, since they were submitted before this ruling. I would like a discussion in the College as to whether uncharged tierces should be included in this ban (and whether we could or should expand it to un/charged gores, gussets, etc.).