[ANSTHRLD] Odd question

Ron (Modar) Knight rknight at kumc.edu
Thu May 13 12:30:07 PDT 2010

>  So goutty d'Or is out... but what about ermine.. which technically is a
>  tincture and not charges (but looks kinda like goutty d'Or)?
.

A tierce whose tincture is a fur has been allowed in the past. This fairly recent registration seems to indicate that such is still allowed.  At least I'm not finding a precedent against it.
.
Genevria di Betto di Adriano (registered July 2007 via Ansteorra): *Vert, a lily argent slipped and leaved Or, a tierce ermine.*
.
Another thing that can "gussy up" a tierce is using a fancy line rather than a straight line. For example, see:  http://www.calontir.sca.org/herald/armorial/Pages/MorDom.htm
.
--Modar