[ANSTHRLD] New (and hopefully improved) CoS website

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 8 12:55:59 PST 2010

Greetings to the College of Scribes and Illuminators, and to the College of
Heralds.

I've been working these past months on transitioning the College of Scribes
website to a Content Management System. The primary motivators behind this
were a desire to make the site more accessible to persons with disabilities,
as well as make it easier on the College officers to keep the site up to
date.

The site is laid out similar to the old site. And I know that it needs work
still to make it all pretty. That's still to come.

But one thing I would like everyone to note is that there are now menu items
which show what charters and insignia the kingdom is in most need of. I will
work with the Sable Scroll office to ensure that this is updated weekly or
bi-weekly. This will give local scribal and craft guilds an idea of where to
focus their efforts.

And their efforts are awesome! Without the constant production of completed
charters and insignia, our Crown would be empty handed when granting rank
and title. So thank you to everyone who has donated your time and talents
painting charters or crafting insignia.

And please be gentle with me. I know that the site is not as pretty as it
was before, but I am working on it. There are many areas, including the
gallery and insignia areas still in the process of conversion. And the
graphics will come.

In related news, I am looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the
role of Scribal Webminister. If you are interested, please contact me
privately.

Thank you for your time.

Duncan

--