[ANSTHRLD] Multiple peripheral ordinaries

Etienne de St. Amaranth st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 10:57:26 PST 2010

Are there any rules or precedents against or limiting multiple peripheral ordinaries?

I have seen arms with a base and a chief.  Or a chief and a bordure.  So I think pairs are generally fine.

But could a person have more than two peripheral ordinaries, within the rules?  And separately from the other rules, does period practice show any examples of three or more peripheral ordinaries?

Since an example can be helpful for discussions, I offer the following but please don't let this example limit discussion.

Azure, a chief, a base, and a tierce Or.

Respectfully,
Sent from my iPhone,

Etienne