[ANSTHRLD] Conflicting with a non player.

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Nov 12 08:37:12 PST 2010

On 11/12/2010 7:11 AM, Darnell Daniels wrote:
> My good heralds,
>
> I know that there is no shelf life on name and devices, but what happens when we
> have a submitter who has a device that conflicts and makes every effort to get
> in touch with the conflicting gentile, only to find that the person is no longer
> active in the SCA? Is there some way that we can document or some process where
> we can place that persons name and device in an inactive status for a time where
> it will be released after a predetermined time of inactivity on the inactive
> list? I think that it would make life easier in the long run if the process ran
> as follows:
<snip of suggestions>

Okay, do YOU volunteer to go through the nearly 50,000 files at Laurel
level (duplicated at Kingdom level and also at local/Principality level)
to determine activity status, one at a time? The sheer volume of records
at this remove would make this untenable. I should know - I have the
current files in my garage (activity from 1994 to present) and am
attempting to scan to archive ten years of files so that the filing
cabinets do not explode. Even having just 2006 to current in active
files takes up almost a dozen five drawer filing cabinets.

Baroness Shauna
Ragged Staff Herald
(keeper of the files)