[ANSTHRLD] Conflicting with a non player.

Ron (Modar) Knight Rknight at kumc.edu
Mon Nov 15 08:01:54 PST 2010

Greetings from Modar!
.
It has been put forth that clearing conflict with an inactive member is more difficult than clearing conflict with an active member.
.
However, to my mind, while it can be easier to -contact- an active member than track down an inactive member...just because you can make contact does not mean that permission to conflict will be given.  It can be as difficult to clear conflict with an active member...just for a different reason.
.
One thing that I would remind people to remember is that it is the right of a person with a registered design to refuse to allow another person to conflict with their armory (or name).  There can be any number of reasons a person might refuse to allow the conflict.  And if a person does refuse, that is okay.
.
Unfortunately I've seen a couple of cases where a person was asked to grant permission to conflict and after much debating, declined to allow it, and then they suffered for it. In one instant the person was castigated for being uncourteous and un-Peer-like. In the other instance the person was informed they were too insular and didn't care about anyone outside their own group.
.
Please keep in mind that wishing to retain the distinction between designs that the RfS allows does not make a armiger a bad person.
.
--Modar