[ANSTHRLD] Conflicting with a non player.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Nov 15 11:58:39 PST 2010

> When the armory and name are submitted and passed a contract is in
> place that states unless the owner of the armory say it is okay no
> one will have the same armory or anything that is too close it
> according to the rules.

That is commonly stated by a fair number of people in these sort of
debates.

I do not remember ever hearing a heraldic client asking how long the
registration was for, or how protected it was from conflict.  Nor do
the forms have any information about that.  If there is no meeting of
the minds on any sort of terms, there is no contract.

Also, I question how important people think it is -- but: obviously
people are hearing about registration somehow, because I don't
remember hearing questions like "so what's this heraldry business?
what is registration?".  So I suspect people may hear it at a
newcomer's class or somewhere.

On another point, I want to point out "the rules".  ... more people
arriving at my desk, so I can't go into the point.  Rules changes.
Sometimes radically.  Some of the upcoming proposed changes are pretty
major.  Is that a violation of this purported "contract"?

Danihel Lindum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com