[ANSTHRLD] Who to Protect? A 1.0 and ABPS version

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Tue Nov 16 06:19:23 PST 2010

Darnell Daniels <dmage121 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I still think that my original intent was
>  misunderstood. I was not looking to eliminate any device, nor was I looking for
>  a way to allow someone to assume the device of anyone else. My original intent I
>  see is not possible.

I understand your original intent, but somethign to think about.  The reason we require 2 differences is because of the idea that, in period, related people would have similar devices and the 2 CD restriction is an attempt to get away from the concept that two individuals are related because they have armory that may just be one difference.

The funny thing is that in the SCA we do not have inherited armory so in a SCA context we would never really have a family with a  set of similar devices.  Now I can say in a heraldic will that my son receives my armory on my passing, but that would have to be a conscious choice and decision requiring an active response, not something "automatic".

Just an observation.

Alasdair