[ANSTHRLD] England Royal Titles

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Nov 18 12:44:30 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Interesting articles on possible future titles of the soon-to-be wife of Prince
> William:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20101117/wl_yblog_newsroom/what-to-call-kate

"Once married, Kate Middleton will unofficially become 'Princess
Catherine.'"  Please note that this unofficial notion is incorrect:
"Princess [her given name]" is only for ladies who are born a
princess.  Compare the correct versions, "HRH The Princess Anne, the
Princess Royal" (I'm pretty sure that's correct), versus "HRH Lady
Diana, the Princess of Wales" (while she was married).

Danyell de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com