[ANSTHRLD] Looking for standards of directional placements

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Nov 4 07:18:18 PDT 2010

You go to the Glossary of Terms (http://heraldry.sca.org/coagloss.html),
which is part of the rules. In there are tables for default postures, as
well as proper colorings ("what color is a sword proper?").  By default,
beasties face to the viewer's left -- I remember this by imagining someone
bearing the shield (on their left arm) in a fight: the beastie should be
facing TOWARDS the battle, not away from it!

-Emma