[ANSTHRLD] Multiple peripheral ordinaries

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:09:45 PST 2010

I believe Emma is right and each item is a separate secondary group.

If you use a central ordinary cotised you get a secondary charge group and
you can add a group of regular charges like mullets as a secondary.  Add to this
a peripheral charge group like a bordure and you can get to 3 secondary group
rather easily.  I suspect you will hit our complexity limit of 8 and run out of space
for the charge to be identifiable before you could get that many groups on a device.
It would also like strange with a clumsy blazon which points the way to non-period style.

Here are the peripherals so you are welcome to try and design one.

Peripheral Charge Group.
A charge or group of charges that are placed on the field near the
edge of a piece of armory
without affecting the rest of the
design. Peripheral charges include (but are not limited to):
the
chief, the bordure, the base (including the point pointed), the
quarter, the canton,
the gyron, the orle, the double tressure, and
flaunches. Gores and gussets are not peripheral
charges
(because they extend so far into the center of the field). Peripheral
charges are never
primary charges, even if they are the only charges
on the field. Peripheral Charge Groups
are a type of secondary charge
group.

Magnus