[ANSTHRLD] Conflicting with a non player.

Kevinkeary kevinkeary at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 12:00:23 PST 2010

Yes, it's probable this will get to be as much of an issue as we once had before the Modest Proposal. But you still have the issue of implied relationship, already succinctly mentioned at least twice. "Sable, three lions passant guardant Or", or "Gules, three lions passant to sinister Or" would carry an improper implication. The same is true for arms inadequately differenced from anyone in the SCA.

There is historic precedent for allowing sufficient geographic separation to bypass conflict, but that doesn't apply in this specific case and it would be as hard to judge fairly as whose SCA contribution is sufficiently great to warrant permanent protection ans whose isn't.

Not to mention my original statement about the moral / ethical implications of taking someone's duly-purchased property back by fiat because you don't feel they're using it (or CAN use it) enough.

Kevin