[ANSTHRLD] Conflicting with a non player.

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 22:20:32 PST 2010

Conflict is conflict. The only difference between conflict with an active
member and conflict with an inactive member is that the conflict with an
active member is more easily resolved. Not that the conflict with an
inactive member is impossible to resolve. Just more difficult. But it can be
done.

Even in a case of a member disappearing into the Witness Protection Program,
the FBI can be contacted. A deceased member? Contact the estate executor.
People who play SCA never play alone, and when they quit playing SCA, they
rarely take all of their friends with them.

In what kingdom was Paul of Sunriver active? Which kingdom submitted his
name/armory for registration? Through which local group was it submitted?
These things can be found out. And ISO's can work wonders. Fortunately, we
have in these days only to clear conflicts with registered SCA armory, is
that correct? Imagine having to contact the estates of armigers who lived in
Europe and who died several centuries ago to resolve a conflict!

One excellent reason exists for the requirement to clear conflicts with the
registered arms of inactive members: the arms of inactive members may still
be recognized in connection with that person, and displaying conflicting
arms could facilitate the illusion that that inactive member has suddenly
decided to attend an event.

Of course, there's always the option of making changes to the submission so
that it clears conflict...

Detlef