[ANSTHRLD] Badge check - spider web and monkey

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Oct 29 14:26:07 PDT 2010

Greetings all.  I have looked already but would appreciate extra sets of eyes on this.  I know the artowrk still needs work.  (Clean up the monkey some and make the web lines bigger) but this should give you an idea.

http://sca.bmhanson.net/images/webmonkey.png

Proposed blazon: (Fieldless0 On a spider web Or, a brown monkey rampant proper chained argent.

Or conversely flip the metals and go for (Fieldless) On a spider web argent, a brown monkey rampant proper chained Or.

Another question I have for you learned ones.  I believe traditionally the collar is around the monkey's waist but can it also be about the monkeys ankle?  Would it have to be blazoned that way or is it artistic license?  And finally can he chain be attached to anything?  Say conjoin it to an mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable? (That is a question for my teenager who wants a monkey chained to an Ansteorran Star.

Cheers,
Alasdair "Just this web guy, you know" MacEogan