[ANSTHRLD] Arabic Names

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:34:52 PDT 2010

[October 2001 LoAR, R-Outlands]
Amani bint Jamal ibn Diya' al Din al-Sadig. Name change from Marina of Bluelake.
This name is being returned for use of the laqab al-Din, which has been previously prohibited:
[returning Jaida Badr al-Din] We must return this name for violation of RfS VI.1 (Names Claiming Rank):
laqabs of the form <noun> al-Din '<noun> of the Faith' were bestowed upon princes, statesmen,
generals and high officers of state by the Caliph as titles and so constitute implicit claims to rank
and station. (Talan Gwynek, LoAR February 1996, p. 10)

so the byname is right out.
Magnus