[ANSTHRLD] heraldic beavers

Eldwin Nightowl eldwin at loveshade.org
Fri Oct 22 11:10:41 PDT 2010

Thanks very much for posting this; that looks very helpful to me.  If I have someone who wants to use a heraldic beaver, I will definitely send them there.

However, you know how if someone likes 49 things and doesn't like 1 they'll talk about the one?  I read the opening sentence and I don't understand it.  It looks like maybe two sentences got combined into one or some such.  "Beavers were often pictured in medieval bestiaries as dog-like animals, sought by hunters for the medicinal value of their testicles and prone, as a means of self-preservation, to biting them off and running away without them."

Eldwin Nightowl

--- On Fri, 10/22/10, Coblaith Muimnech