[ANSTHRLD] Clearing a Conflict

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:14:32 PDT 2010

Herr Wolfgang,

RfS X4i gives 1 clear difference for addition of charges on charges
(tertiary charges). Note that you can only derive 1 CD from a change
to a tertiary. That should clear you of Sable, two doublebitted axes
in saltire argent.

I will caution you though, the tertiary charge must be large enough so
as to be (a) identifiable and (b) significant enough to be worthy of
difference. Your mullet must also have significant contrast with the
halberd. So if your halberds are argent, then your mullet must be
sable, gules, azure, vert, or purpure.

You could also look into the possibility of adding a peripheral
ordinary such as a bordure or an orle. Be advised that I have not
conflict checked these choices, but they are options available to you.

Yours service,

Jayme Dominguez del Valle

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 Wolfgang wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My Device submission was recently "kicked back" by Laurel for the following reason:
>
> Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen. Device. Per pale gules and sable, two halberds in saltire argent.
> This device conflicts with the device of ******, Sable, two doublebitted axes in saltire argent. There is a CD for the field but no CD is granted between different styles of axe head
>
> If I do something as simple as adding a mark of difference, such as a Mullet Argent to the Device, will that be enough to give the second CD and get the Device to pass?
<snip>