[ANSTHRLD] Name check de LaTour

Joshua Brandl norfildur at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 12:18:48 PDT 2010

http://www.hoteltourmaubourgparis.com/  = a parisian hotel created by one Marquis de La Tour
              Maubourg, creator of the Forging mills of Gueugnon in the 18th
              century
Philosophical Magazine Series 2, 1941-5869, Volume 3, Issue 16,
Pages 305 – 307 mentions the death of one m cagniard de latour
Charles Cagniard de la Tour (March 31, 1777 - July 5, 1859) was a french engineer and physicist

not exactly "period" but i did also find THIS

The Château de la Roche-Courbon is a 15th century castle located
in the commune of Saint-Porchaire in the Charente-Maritime Département of France, The castle was built around 1475 by Jehan de Latour

googling jehan de latour brought up several pages, one noteworthyone is translated below

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://gw1.geneanet.org/index.php3%3Fb%3Dfredericche%26lang%3Dfr%3Bp%3Djehan%3Bn%3Dde%2Bla%2Btour&ei=seyDTK-wIYKdlgfU2uTUDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJehan%2Bde%2BLatour%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DJ5f%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Dvo