[ANSTHRLD] ISO Mor Cochrane?

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:54:21 PDT 2010

Submitter's documentation is:

Moire:
Moire is found in entry 6541 (p. 252) of "The Seventeenth Report of the
Deputy Keeper of the Public Records in Ireland:
Appendix III: Fiants of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth" (Dublin: Alex. Thom. &
Co., 1885;
http://books.google.com/books?id=NSwNAAAAYAAJ). This entry includes Moire
nyn Dermott on a list of people pardoned on
30 May 1601. The names do not appear to have been normalized or modernized.

What the pronounciation is  I do not know, they were just informed by their
herald in Caid that they would likely have a conflict with <Mor> due to the
identical last name elements and the fact that <Moire> was a derivative of
<Mor> - I couldn't tell you whether that would really generate a conflict
here in Ansteorra, but I figure the easiest thing to do in to help ward
against that is to secure a letter if <Mor> is willing.

Is it your thought that if the pronounciation is different then because they
look different and sound different, then it's not a conflict?

Jayme

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I could get in touch with Mor Cochrane - The
>> name was registered in '99 in Ansteorra. I believe she hails from
>> Shadowlands? Need to see if she'd be willing to give permission to
>> conflict with the name, the new registered name would be "Moire
>> Cochrane" out of Caid.
>>

> How is "Moire Cochrane" pronounced?  In particular, is the first name
> one syllable with a vowel that's "o" or close to it?
>
> Dammit Delinquent
> --
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP