[ANSTHRLD] Device attempt 2

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 21 15:50:30 PDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Charles Armitage <charlesarmitage at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> A friend rendered an image of the following, I like it and if
> passible I'll run it through conflict check...
>
> Sable, two bendlets engrailed and counter-engrailed argent and
> overall a phoenix proper.

I don't have a source to hand, but I think "counter-embattled" (or
"bretessed") is the only "counter-" needed or possible, and I'm not
sure whether that even applies to bendlets, or just to fesses and
chevrons.

Not that it matters in this case.  Having them on both sides is OK in
all cases, and Laurel will change the blazon at need.

In period, I think it was more common for ordinaries to be overall
more complex charges.  Is that an alternative that you might prefer?

Danyll de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com