[ANSTHRLD] Device illustration [Hope the pic comes thru]

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Apr 22 08:53:15 PDT 2011

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011, charles armitage <charlesarmitage at yahoo.com> wrote:
> https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_KUFE3gZ3bFw/TbCqOj4eC_I/AAAAAAAAAiA/TxZqsdZfSJA/Armitage1.jpgLd

[copy]
[paste]
[look]

Okay.

Excellent bendlets engrailed!  I like them.  Kudos!

"Fimbriation" is the outline of a charge with another tincture.  It's
allowed in the SCA only for simple geometric charges.  Neither this
phoenix nor this flame qualify.  There is ... a lot of fimbriation
here.

In another message, you mentioned a phoenix Or.  The body of the bird
then needs to be *all gold*.  Also, the flames underneath need to be
alternating tongues of yellow and red -- not with outlining, but
tongues.

http://oscar.sca.org/ lets you see submissions made to Laurel.  Most
have been registered, but some have been returned, so don't assume
that if any one thing you see there must be OK.  If you search for
"phoenix", you get 82 hits.  Many of them are in color and can show
you depictions of phoenices.  If you click on a picture, you usually
get a larger depiction of it.

For example,
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=145&id=11526
looks pretty good to me, in terms of solid coloring of the phoenix and
alternating tongues of proper flame.

I'm sorry if this isn't quite coherent, as I'm suddenly feeling a bit
under the weather and need to lie down.

Danielis Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com