[ANSTHRLD] Heirs to Principalities--Title Question

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:02:42 PDT 2011

This is what I have so far:

In An Tir, the heirs to the Principality of Tir Righ are titled Tanist and
Ban-Tanist, and they are styled Excellency.

In the West Kingdom, the heirs to the Principality of The Mists are titled
Lord and Lady of the Mists, the heirs to the Principality of Cynagua are
titled Lord and Lady of the Swan, and the heirs to the Principality of
Oertha are titled Lord and Lady Borealis (thanks to Brian for that last
one!).

I looked on the Drachenwald page, and they've got two principalities:
Nordmark in Sweden, and Insulae Draconis in the British Isles. The website
for Nordmark is in Swedish, and the first Prince and Princess of Insulae
Draconis are still reigning.

Countess Tessa wrote me this morning, and she told me that she and Simonn
were Tanist and Tanista of Ansteorra before their investiture as Prince and
Princess.

And now I know that the heirs to the Principality of Drachenwald were titled
Tanist and Tanista (thank you, Tadhg!)

That's all I have right now. What I haven't seen is anyone following the
mundane precedent of heirs to principalities (such as Liechtenstein) being
titled Hereditary Prince and Hereditary Princess and being styled Serene
Highness in the same way that the Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein are.

Thanks for all the wonderful information, everybody!

Detlef