[ANSTHRLD] more books-- new list of titles

Lisa Theriot lisatheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Wed Apr 6 16:44:13 PDT 2011

I now have possession of the further treasure trove of heraldic sources.

A brand-new volume IV of the Lexicon of Greek Personal Names. $75 (it's
$300 new).  Comes complete at no extra charge with two boxes of scrap
paper that look suspiciously like volumes I and IIIa of the same magnum
opus.

Le Biccherne, Rome, 1984. $50 (out-of-print-- found a sale of a used
copy in January for $100 plus shipping from UK).  Coffee-table type book
featuring the artwork from manuscript boxes at the former Sienese
Treasury.  A familiar design motif is family coats of arms, which the
editors have helpfully collated and blazoned as an appendix to the book
(in Italiano, of course).  A wealth of period heraldic art, plus Italian
dress & decoration.  I think Zenobia has the only other copy in the CoA.

Hardback copies of:

Bardsley
Black
Ekwall
Reaney, Origins of English Surnames
Smith, English Place-name Elements (2 vols.)

Paperback copies of:

Reaney & Wilson
Withycombe
Jonsjo, Studies on Middle English Nicknames, I. Compounds, 1979
_Anglo-Saxon Names in Bede_
Hitching & Hitching, References to English Surnames in 1601 and 1602
Attwater, Dictionary of Saints
_Vocabulaire-Atlas Heraldique (in six languages)_

Loose leaf copies (in notebooks) of:

Von Feilitzen, The Pre-Conquest Personal Names of the Domesday Book,
1937
Fellowes-Jensen, Scandinavian Personal Names in Lincolnshire and
Yorkshire, 1968
Tengvik, Old English Bynames, 1938
Redin, Studies on Uncompounded Personal Names in Old English, 1919
Fransson, Middle English Surname of Occupation 1100-1350, 1935, the 1967
reprint

See you Saturday!

Adelaide