[ANSTHRLD] Device question (please bare with me)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Apr 20 19:58:20 PDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Jennifer Smith <jds at randomgang.com> wrote:
> The term "armed" in blazon would be followed by a tincture, as it's
> used to specify what color the arming is. In this case, uh, "[bird]
> gules armed gules". Technically, I believe 'armed' applies to any
> weapons on a beasty, so thus could also apply to its beak, although
> we more typically use "beaked" to specify a color there.

Actually, as for orbed (eye), langued (tongue), armed (claws or other
implements of doom), and other such small artistic details, the SCA
doesn't blazon them precisely *because* they're such small artistic
details.  You're free to draw those in whatever way seems aesthetic to
you.  Red shows up nicely if everything around is not-red, for
example.

Danielis (pizzled) Lindicolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com