[ANSTHRLD] more books

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:10:19 PDT 2011

Anything that's German I would definitely like to take a look at.

But I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you've got.

Detlef von Marburg

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Lisa Theriot
<lisatheriot at ravenboymusic.com>wrote:

> I will have even more books on Saturday than previously listed; another
> bookcase has had to be sacrificed.  I'll post the titles after I pick up
> the books.  One that is included is a brand-new hardback copy of Volume
> IV of the Lexicon of Greek Personal Names, for which she'd like $75 if
> anyone is interested.  It's a $300 book.  I've already spoken for the
> "compact" OED.
>
> This lot should include standard references like Black, Bardsley,
> Ekwall, etc., as well as more esoteric stuff like Jonsjo and von
> Feilitzen.
>
> It looks like the elevation has been moved to evening court, so I won't
> have to be there at the crack of doom.  Andrewe has graciously offered
> to host the sale in conjunction with the decision meeting at 4:00.  Come
> for the meeting, stay for the book sale.
>

> Adelaide

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!