[ANSTHRLD] Two wolves yin-yanged

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:58:48 PDT 2011

If you can't figure out how to blazon it, it's probably not registerable.

There is no way I'm going to be able to reproduce that from any blazon
we know. This violates RfS VII.7a and VII.7b to start with. The
elements are not solely recognizable to everyone. They're also not
reconstructable solely from blazon.

This is also in violation of RfS VIII.4d - Modern Style - for the use
of optical illusion heraldry, as drawn. I'd recommend the submitter
sit down with some period armorial rolls and get a look at what period
heraldry looked like. I understand he's going early period, but this
can still give him some thoughts.

To even begin to use something like the linked image, you'd need to
provide documentation that this was period style.

Andrewe
Bordure

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Darnell Daniels <dmage121 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a client that wants an unusual device. Looking at it have have two
> questions right of the bat. First being, is this even legal. The next being if
> it is legal then how do I blazon it. I know that two wolves yin-yanged is not
> going to fly. Below is a link to an image of the device.
>
> http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216387_1808286899607_1612997228_1742285_4735414_n.jpg
>

> The client is going for EARLY Norse.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Robert of Coleford