[ANSTHRLD] Device attempt 2

Etienne de St. Amaranth st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 12:51:35 PDT 2011

That got me to looking.

I found one case of bendlets engrailed registered in the SCA (but those are from 1991 and may not indicate that it is acceptable to day).

You may be able to engrail or embattle or add some other complex line of division to the sub-ordinary.  You can certainly make the bendlets wavy.  But for some reason I thought there was a reason you could not add a complex line to diminutives of ordinaries.

I'll keep looking but I am not finding a clear answer one way or the other.
Kylan, you may be able to engrail the bendlets after all.

Remember that engrailing makes the edge of the bendlet towards the top of the shield engrailed but the bottom side of the bendlet remains plain line.  To engrail both sides, the bendlet would be engrailed and counter-engrailed.

Respectfully,

Etienne