[ANSTHRLD] Advice on teaching a class

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:06:44 PDT 2011

Greetings from the Barony of the Steppes,

I have been asked to teach a basic heraldry class at the Glaslyn
Artisan of the Flame event and I could use some advice on how to
structure it.  I've been told I have a 45-60 minute slot to fill and
that this is to be "a heraldry class...one for fighters and one for
youth."  That's about the extent of the detail I've been given.  With
such vague specifications as to what they hope people will learn and,
indeed, who the audience is and how much knowledge they'll come with,
I'm having a hard time figuring out if this should be "Armory 101,"
with definitions of terms like device, charge, ordinary, tincture,
color/metal, etc. or something different.

Any thoughts?

Yours,

--Antoine