[ANSTHRLD] I need a tool for the Calendar Patent Rolls!

Scott Catledge scat at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 18:23:20 PDT 2011

You can search by volume or by reign, however.  Note the following:

Colm

great seal of ireland"
quotation marks indicate phrase searching

url:index solbergh
find Solbergh but limit to pages in the index

churchill -"churchill babington"
find Churchill but NOT Churchill Babington

h4v1
shows all pages in Henry IV, vol. 1

hanaper e1v3
finds all occurrences of hanaper in Edward I, vol. 3

hanaper e1v*
finds all occurrences of hanaper in all of Edward I

nottingham h4v1 url:index
finds nottingham in Henry IV, vol. 1, limited to the index section

e1v3 "p. 92"
jump directly to known page Edward I, vol. 3, p. 92

"john k*ng*ston"
finds variants including John Kingston, John Kyngeston, John de Kyngeston,
etc.