[ANSTHRLD] Advice on teaching a class

Scott Catledge scat at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 15:13:44 PDT 2011

I would suggest downloading a basic heraldry handout from SCA or one of
the kingdoms--and very carefully editing it to conform to Ansteorran
practices.  I suggest that you very briefly mention name heraldry but
refer it to a separate class. Ansteorra has numerous name experts.
Fighters, youth, and ladies all have the guidance--but some kingdoms vary
somewhat for ladies; e.g., using a diamond-shaped badge--never a
requirement but more used in some kingdoms than in others.  Yes, it is
Armory 101--use LOTS of pictures--convey very little by word alone.

Colm Dubh
Teaching since 1951