[ANSTHRLD] Advice on teaching a class

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:35:21 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Scott Catledge <scat at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> I would suggest downloading a basic heraldry handout from SCA or one of
> the kingdoms--and very carefully editing it to conform to Ansteorran
> practices.  I suggest that you very briefly mention name heraldry but
> refer it to a separate class. Ansteorra has numerous name experts.
> Fighters, youth, and ladies all have the guidance--but some kingdoms vary
> somewhat for ladies; e.g., using a diamond-shaped badge--never a
> requirement but more used in some kingdoms than in others.

Diamond-shaped ... badge?

I suspect you mean the option for submitting -devices- on
lozenge-shaped forms?  I am aware of no kingdoms which require it for
women (and I suspect Laurel would like to hear about if there are
any).  As far as I know, all the kingdoms which have them available
generally have them available for submitters of any gender.  All badge
forms these days are square.

Not that any of this affects *display*, just sayin'.

Marie