[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: [ekheralds] KWHSS Shameless Promotion

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Feb 24 18:30:31 PST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <scribe0002 at aol.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Subject: [ekheralds] KWHSS Shameless Promotion
To: SCAHRLDS at listserv.aol.com, sca_heralds at yahoogroups.com,
AtlantianHeralds at yahoogroups.com, ekheralds at eastkingdom.org,
EKHerEd at yahoogroups.com

Unto those who do read this missiveGreetings from Gisela Nereid Herald
& event steward for thecoming Known World Heraldic & Scribal
Symposium!

Please share this information with those who will find it useful and
interesting.

KWHSS will be held June 24-26 in HighPoint, NC. All Heralds and
Scribes of any level or achievement areinvited to attend. Details and
eventually a class list (though not yet) can be found
athttp://kwhss.sca.org/index.html

TEACHERS - Anyone interested in teaching classes on any aspect of
Heraldic or Scribal Arts and Knowledge please contact the Class
Coordinators:

ScribalTrack – Madame Brunnisende Dragonette  mathilde.poussin at gmail.com

HeraldicTrack – Lady Elena Modarova vnuka   dorathalia at gmail.com

PROCEEDINGS-  We are soliciting articles for consideration to be
included in theKWHSS juried Proceedings on Heraldic and Scribal topics
of all sorts. ContactMistress Alisoun MacCoul of Elphane at
silverdragon at charleston.net

TheProceedings will be given in CD form to each person attending
KWHSS.Extra copies will be available to order for $5.

HOTEL– The event will be held at the Best Western Hotel and
ConventionCenter in High Point, NC. Grouprate is $69 a night under
SCA, Inc. when requested at (336)889-8888. We musthave a total of
60room nights reserved in the name of the event and the
reservationsmust be made directly with the hotel … not the 800
numberreservations.

ACCEPS - On-line pre-reg is coming ... I promise. My fault it's not up
and running yet. It's coming.

PARTY– Saturday evening there will be a social gathering with
periodlive music, period dancing, Heraldic and Scribal inspired
games(Heraldic Twister and Laurel Says anyone?) An Heraldic Fashion
showand lots of people who share your passions. Barono Bessenyei Rozsa
 iscoordinating the Social. If you have any suggestions for games
andsuch, please contact her.

Thehotel requires that any food or beverage in the meeting spaces
bepurchased from them … and the event cannot sustain the hotel'sprices
so the social will not be serving any refreshments in order to keep
your event costs as low as possible … however, there will be a ....

CON-SUITE– There will be a con-suite stocked with beverage and
food.Individuals can bring food and beverages from the con-suite to
themeeting spaces … the event just can't provide it. See? It's
allgood. Theevent will be providing a pretty serious spread of
refreshments but we arealso hoping folks will volunteer to bring food
and drinks as well.

MANUSCRIPTS– We are coordinating a scribal display at the event.
Tables willbe set up and manned throughout the day to display YOUR
works. Bringworks in progress, work you're proud of, work you want
advice on,scrolls you've received. Whatever strikes you. We want to
share the talent that is gathered in this organization.

ALSO… we've arranged a tour of UNC-Greensboro's Manuscript
Collectionon Friday afternoon. Watch for details.

Please direct questions to the appropriate staff member whose contact
info can be found at http://kwhss.sca.org/staff.html  Of course, I am
always available as well at Gisela.vomKreuzbach at gmail.com

Be well and travel safely.

~gise