[ANSTHRLD] Maintaining vs. Sustaining: New Question

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 16:14:01 PST 2011

In addition to what Magnus said about conjoining charges on a fieldless badge, it's also worthwhile to keep in mind one of the implications of "fieldless".

Ordinaries (Fess, Chevron, Cross, Bend, Bend Sinister and Pale) and subordinaries (Bordure, Orle, Tressure, Chief, Pile, Base and Point) are partially defined by the shape of the field.  If there is no field, then their shape can't be defined.  As a reult, you can't have an ordinary or subordinary on a fieldless badge.

Tostig