[ANSTHRLD] Un type-able characters

Steve Scott (Dietrich) dietrich.strobelbart at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 14:49:15 PST 2011

I usually just use the "Character Map" application that comes with Windows.  You
can find it under Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools.  It has the
advantage of not having to be in the system tray all the time using up
resources.  Not sure if it's still there in Win7 or not, but I suspect it is.

Also, in some (maybe most) Windows programs, all you have to do is hold down the
Alt key and type the ANSI code for the charater you want on the number pad.
(You can get the code from Character Map by clicking on the character then
looking in the lower right corner of it's window.) As soon as you let up on the
Alt key the character will appear at the cursor.  Ü=0220

I am all for anything that makes things easier though, so I would be interested
in giving the new app a try.

YIS,

Herr Dietrich