[ANSTHRLD] (Fieldless) Half Moon Knife Or, conflict checking of

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 09:03:31 PST 2011

It looks clear.  The only ruling on a half moon knife is its definition.
This is a very rare charge.

Magnus

[June 1989 LoAR, A-Calontir] Morgan the Tanner. Name and device.
Or, on a hide sable a half
moon knife argent, hilted Or. The defining instance
 of the "hide" in
Society heraldry is the device of Vuong Manh, for many
years Kraken
Herald of Atlantia. As Badger has provided documentation
 for a
knife/axehead of essentially this shape used in German heraldry
prior
to 1483 (in the arms of Frankenstein!!!), the tertiary charge seems
acceptable.