[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check: Quarterly, Cross & Anchors

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:59:53 PST 2011

Greetings Good Heralds All,

I have a client wishing to register the device:

Quarterly sable and gules a cross between in bend 2 anchors argent.

I'm not sure if that conflicts with:

   - Marina Foscari <http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_name.cgi?p=Marina%20Foscari>
      - The following device associated with this name was registered in
      February of 1989 (via
Caid)<http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_date.cgi?y1=1989&m1=February&y2=1989&m2=February&kC=checked>
      :
      *Quarterly <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=quarterly>
sable<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=sable>and
      gules <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=gules>, a
cross<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=cross>between in
      bend <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=in+bend> two gondola prows
      reversed <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=reversed>, all within a
      bordure <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=bordure>
argent<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=argent>
      .*

Do the gondola prows count as a CD from the anchors?  Doesn't the bordure
count as well, if I remember correctly?

I would appreciate any help in my further education and double-checking for
other conflicts, please.

Thank you!
--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB

`*When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.' *

* `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.' *

* `The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's
all.' *