[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette January 2011

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Jan 4 13:07:43 PST 2011

Ansteorran Gazette January 2011

Letter From Star:

Greetings and Happy New Year!

The start of a new year always seems to bring with it new officers, and so
it is in
the College of Heralds. The new Nordsteorra Herald, overseeing the groups in
the
northern region, is Baron Kevin Michael Keary. The new Arbalest Pursuivant,
handling
submissions notifications, is Lord Albin Oil de Larrun. Again I wish to
thank Lord Ivo
Blackhawk and Lady Valeria Marcella de Martinez for their service to the
College and
kingdom!

Along with the new Arbalest, there is a new change in the number of
submission forms
required. (Sharp eyes may have already spotted this announcement in my
January Black
Star letter.) As of January 1, we are reducing the number of required copies
by one “set”.
This means one fewer name form, one fewer line drawing armory form, and one
fewer
colored armory form. The new totals will then be:
Name Forms – 4 (1 to submitter, 1 to local herald, 2 to kingdom)
Armory Forms – 5 colored (1 to submitter, 1 to local herald, 3 to kingdom),
3
line drawings (1 to submitter, 1 to local herald, 1 to kingdom)

In other news, the ACE feature that correctly sends email when a new ILoI is
posted
is now working. If you’d like to be notified the instant a letter appears,
log into your
account on http://ace.herald.ansteorra.org (or make one if you don’t have
one already!),
go to the “My Profile” page, and check the opt-in checkbox to receive an
email the next
time a letter goes out.

This is the month of Round Table, in the Barony of Stargate this time.
Living in the far
north of the kingdom as I do, it is not often that I’m able to travel the
distance, but I am
looking forward to seeing many of you there! There will be the usual
heraldic warranting
class, a heraldic decision meeting over the items on the December ILoI, and
a full plenary
meeting of the College of Heralds.

As always, the cold winter months are a prime time for collegium-style
events. Think
about teaching a class, or asking for a class to be taught! Ask the event
steward, or just
post a not-so-subtle hint to the heralds discussion list here.

In service,
Emma de Fetherstan
Star Principal Herald

*******
Letter from Bordure:

Greetings Unto Ansteorra's College of Heralds!

Due to an unfortunate incident involving a "care package" meant for
Hanse Kleermaker, who was enjoying some time in a Seawinds brig, our
beloved Lord Jayme Dominguez del Valle succumbed to a poisoned tart.
Therefore, it is my duty to inform you that I, Andrewe Bawldwyn, by
the grace of Mistress Emma de Fetherstan, will happily assume the late
Lord Jayme's duties as Bordure Herald. (Read: Changing personas and
will be further known as Andrewe Bawldwyn, but it's all the same guy,
my address and contact information remains the same.) I do hope to see
you all at King's Round Table in January.

Yours in Service,

Andrewe Bawldwyn
Bordure Herald

*******
STATUS OF ILoIs

ILoI 2010-04: Comments due May 20
LoI 2010-06. Laurel meeting September.

ILoI 2010-05: Comments due June 10
LoI 2010-06. Laurel meeting September.

ILoI 2010-06: Comments due July 10
LoI 2010-07. Laurel meeting October.

ILoI 2010-07: Comments were due August 10.
LoI 2010-08. Laurel meeting November.

ILoI 2010-08: Comments due September 10.
LoI 2010-09. Laurel meeting December.

ILoI 2010-09: Comments due October 10.
LoI 2010-10. Laurel meeting January.

ILoI 2010-10: Comments due November 10.
LoI 2010-11. Laurel meeting Feburary.

ILoI 2010-11: Comments due December 10.
LoI 2010-12. Laurel meeting March.

ILoI 2010-12: Comments due January 10.
Decision meeting and LoI January.

ILoI 2011-01: Comments due February 10.
Decision meting and LoI February.

*******
Upcoming Decision Meetings:
* January's decision meeting will take place at King's Round Table on
January 22, 2010, time TBA
* February's decision meeting will take place at Kingdom A&S - february
12th, 2010 time TBA
* March TBA

*******
Internal Letter of Intent 2011-01

2. Charles Grothaus (Raven's Fort, Barony of) New Name  New Device
3. Elisava llliesca (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name  New Device
4. Jon Luthersson (Steppes, Barony of) New Name  New Device
5. Padraig of Kilkenney (Gate’s Edge, Shire of) Name Resub   Device Resub
6. William “Spike” Harper (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name  New Device

ILoI 2011-01 can be found at http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201101.pdf
and http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/41

*******
Annotated Internal Collated Commentary 2010-11

2. Etheldreda de Dunbretane (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Device.
3. Aingeal Blair Mac an Ghabhann (Loch Ruadh, Shire of) Resubmitted Device.
4. Caitríona inghean mhic Lochlainn (Seawinds, Shire of) New Device.
5. Caterina Bella Rosso (Adlersruhe, Shire of) Resubmitted Device.
6. Catherine Barbary (Shadowlands, Shire of) New Device.
7. Diane Mallet (Bryn Gwlad, Barony of) New Name and Device.
8. Eleanora Elizabeth Caley (Seawinds, Shire of) New Name and Device.
9. Gavin Mac Giolla Ruaidh(Seawinds, Shire of) New Name and Device.
10. Jayme Dominguez del Valle (Seawinds, Shire of) New Badge.
11. Joanna the Spinner (Seawinds, Shire of) New Name and Device.
12. Melissent d'Aulnay (Glaslyn, Canton of) New Device.
13. Melissent d'Aulnay (Glaslyn, Canton of) New Badge.
14. Michael Snowdon (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Badge.
15. Sharon of Conway (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name.
16. Tangwystl verch Gruffydd (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Device.
17. Tangwystl verch Gruffydd (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Badge.
18. Thomas of Conway (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name.
19. Thorfinn Eriksson (Adlersruhe, Shire of) New Device.
20. Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen (Namron, Barony of) Resubmitted Device.

AICC 2010-11 can be found at: http://herald.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201011.pdf

*******
Fast Tracks for 2010-12

NONE

*******
The external Letter of Intent for December 2010 can be found at
http://herald.ansteorra.org/LoI/loi201012.pdf
and http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=175&loi=923

A list of items currently in progress can be found at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/

Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found at
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=181