[ANSTHRLD] Blazoning and Winterkingdom

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 21:05:31 PST 2011

Won't be more than one, that's silly. What times are scheduled for it? All
day? I'm glad Castellana is running one; I haven't checked the schedule.
The autocrat HAS sent out email saying "Here's the latest schedule", but
there's  never an attachment (automatically stripped on every list I'm on). I
look  forward to assisting as and if needed.

In a message dated 1/2/2011 10:33:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
adalia.nyx at gmail.com writes:

Castellana already has a commenting table on the schedule.   :)  So, yes,
we're having at least one.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at  6:36 PM, <Kevinkeary at aol.com> wrote:

> At the present time I  intend to have a consultation table there, yes. I
> have to coordinate  that with the autocrat, whom I will see tomorrow. I
know
>  also need to contact someone about having additional resource  materials
> (besides  my own meager supply) there, but I have  forgotten who that is.
>
> Kevin, new to the office of  Nordsteorra.
>
> As far as the device, depending on the relative  size of the two charges,
> consider "Vert, a decrescent maintaining from  its upper horn a bell
>  argent".
>

> In a  message dated 1/2/2011 4:35:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>   barrett1 at cox.net writes:
>
> Two  related issues, here, hope  you don't mind the inquiry.
>
> Does anyone know  if a  Heralds consultation table will be at
Winterkingdom
> in the Barony  of  Northkeep?
>
> A friend currently preparing a device for  submission is  under the
> impression there usually is one, but we  don't know for certain  whether
or
> not to
> expect one this  year. I can't find any reference to  one.
>
> The reason he  is wanting a consultation table is this - he seems  to
have a
>  good, strong, clean idea for a device, but the exact wording of the
blazon
> is proving to be a bit of a snare.
>
> He is  wanting a silver  crescent (descrescent - facing the viewers
right)
> and he wants a silver bell  hanging inside the crescent,  attached to the
> upper curve of the crescent, all  on a green  field.
>
> The closest I can come is this; "Vert, a bell   dependant within a
> decrescent argent."
>
> Is that  correct?
> The  placement of "dependant" and "within" in the  description is my
> concern. When  an object is not only hanging  from another, but is hanging
> from a
> particular  place on  that object, I lose my way when it comes to
blazoning.

> I   believe this has an excellent chance of passing. The only close call I
>  could  locate in the ordinary is "Vert, a decrescent with a  bordure
> indented
> argent",  registered to a Carl of  Sutherland in 1982.
> I have no idea what is  currently under  submission, but this friend is
> willing to add an orle argent  or  a double tressure argent, if need be.
>
> Personal note? Cool  charge,  very recognizable.
>
> My thanks for your time on  this  matter.
>
> ~Finnacan

HL Adalia VonderBerg
Herald of Northkeep
Apprentice to Sir Finn  Kelley O'Donnell

Music expresses that which cannot be put into  words, but also cannot
remain
unsaid.
Heralds  mailing  list
Heralds at lists.ansteorra.org