[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorra Heraldic and Scribal Symposium - July 30th
hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 16:42:20 PDT 2011
This Saturday, July 30th, the Barony of Bordermarch is honored to host the Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium, in the heart of Beaumont, Texas on the southeastern Texas border, just across from Gleann Abhann!
Five tracks hold 16 great classes by top Heralds and Scribes in Ansteorra. Special guest teachers from Lamar University share classes in 'Gothic Image'
as well as a hands-on class in 'Medieval Block Printing, with modern and printing tools'. Some classes have small fees and age limits, please check website for details.
* The site includes a wide open lawn for all day fight practice and pick up fights.
* Field Heraldry practice at the demo Lyst field all day
* Heraldic Consultation Table
* Get to know the new Ansteorra Star Principal Herald and the new Star Signet Scribe Officers!
* Chairs at site are limited, extra chairs are welcome!!
* Sumptuous Sideboard Lunch on site.
* No pets, service animals welcome.
* Minors under 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian, or with signed & Notorized Minor's Event Waiver Form from the parent or legal guardian.
Site: Beaumonth Art League
2675 Gulf St., Beaumont, TX 77703
Just off I-10 near MLK Parkway
Time: 9am till 8pm.
$10. for age 14 and up, $5 for age 13 and under
$5. non-member surcharge without proof of membership.
$30. family maximum (not including non-member surcharge).
Classes are scheduled in Decorative Arts, Heraldic and Scribal Arts:
Special Guest Classes:
Gothic Image Lecture
Mediaeval Block Printing; Gouge and Graver: Cuts Through Time (hands-on)
Painted Silk Banners: from Start to Finish
Heraldic Shield Painting Preparation
Heraldic Embroidery or Heraldry for Embroiders
Tell Them Where to Go and They'll Like It
Heraldic Commentary: How to Survive the Snark Tank
Designing Period Style Armory
Documentation for your Submission
Intro to Calligraphy, the Rotunda Hand
Quills: Cure and Cut
How to Setup an Original Scroll
Charter Painting 101
Painting with Dirt
For questions, contact Steward: Lord Biau-douz de la Mere at beaudumesnil at hotmail dot com
It's going to be an illuminating and fun event! Don't miss it.
Hillary Greenslade, Class Coordinator
More information about the Heralds