[ANSTHRLD] Name and Device

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:55:49 PDT 2011

> > I instantly thought "Isn't Harper Hall what Master
> > Robinette was the
> > head of in the Pern novels?"  Yup.
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonriders_of_Pern#Harper_Hall_trilogy>
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper_Hall>
> >
> > Maybe the Pern novels aren't as popular now, but enough
> > people
> > remember them so vividly that I would expect this name to
> > bounce hard.
> >
> > Daniel of Metropolis

-  Robinton -

~Jillian, who is planning on restarting the umpteenth re-read of all her
Pern books as soon as the current Harry Potter Re-Read Craze passes (I'm
halfway through 6).
--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB

`*When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.' *

* `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.' *

* `The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's
all.' *