[ANSTHRLD] Green harp and lacy knot

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 15 09:36:04 PDT 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, Brett Chandler-Finch <naturemakeswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fieldless, A Lacy knot or conjoined within the frame of an Irish
> harp vert.

SCA blazoning style starts it as "(Fieldless) A ..."

> Do you specify conjoined in fieldless?

Disconnected pieces are not registerable in fieldless designs.  (The
exceptions are charges which are defined as being separate pieces.
The two I know about are the cross of Jerusalem, which is actually 5
crosses, and the ermine spot, which is often (though not invariably)
depicted disconnected.)

> In fieldless is it more correct to use a single color?

Personally, I haven't looked at enough period badges to be able to
say.  A knot within and conjoined to a harp doesn't feel periodlike to
me, so the tinctures aren't so much of an issue.

Daniel Lindonium
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com