[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and conflict help (Wolf head and mitre)

Lisa Theriot lisatheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Wed Jun 1 11:22:57 PDT 2011

[I didn't think about that being an issue because it is not in the list
of Restricted or Reserved charges.]

It IS on the list of prohibited charges.  The reserved charge list is
only for charges reserved due to their significance in the SCA;
restricted charges due to mundane meaning are in the prohibited list.

The "cardinal's hat" is found in non-religious armory and is therefore
not restricted.  I disagree, though, that as drawn the hat is of equal
weight; it's just a big hat.  If the wolf appears to be wearing it, I
think it plummets below the CD level and you run afoul of:

Stefan von Bernhardt
The following badge associated with this name was registered in April of
1981 (via Atlantia):
Per bend sinister azure and vert, a wolf's head caboshed argent.

I think it's possible to draw, for example, "Gules, in pale a cardinal's
hat and a wolf's head cabossed argent" such that they are coequal
primaries, but the hat would need to be visibly separated from the
wolf's head (though with the strings and tassels that go with the
cardinal's hat, you could still involve them in an artistic way which
would not change the heraldic weight).

Adelaide