[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and conflict help (Wolf head and mitre)

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jun 1 12:15:22 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM, doug bell <magnus77840 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [August 1983 LoAR, R-Atenveldt] Gustav Athanasius von Hausenstadt. (badge).
> Azure, upon a sun Or a Latin cross azure, in chief a bishop's mitre between two crosses couped Or.
> NOTE: Badge unacceptable. The bishop's mitre is the heraldic symbol for a bishop and
>  should only be borne by a bishop. As there are no bishops allowed in the SCA,
> the bishop's mitre is hereby forbidden for use in the SCA.

Thanks for finding that, Magnus.

It is worth noting that that return, however, is 1983; and since then,
bishop's crosiers (also a symbol reserved to cardinals, bishops,
abbots and abbesses according to Wikipedia) have been registered
without comment.

We haven't registered (or returned that I can find) any arms with a
pallium, but it has been given a CD from an ordinary pall (June 2002
CL).

-Emma