[ANSTHRLD] Mundane conflicts - Personal Research

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jun 8 20:03:06 PDT 2011

However, see the Admin Handbook III. Protected Items, section B. Protected
Armory, item 7:

7. Armory Used by the Submitter Outside the Society - No armory will be
registered to a submitter if it is identical to an insignia used by the
submitter for purposes of identification outside of a Society context. This
includes armory, trademarks, and other items registered with mundane
authorities that serve to identify an individual or group. This restriction
is intended to help preserve a distinction between a submitter's identity
within the Society and the submitter's identity outside of the Society. Any
change that causes a blazonable difference between mundane and Society
armory is sufficient to allow registration by Laurel. Further, submitters
may register either a name or armory which is a close variant of a name or
insignia they use outside the Society, but not both.

So as long as that mundane grant isn't *yours*, OR if it is, as long as you
have one blazonable difference between the two (incensed vs not incensed,
for example, would be a blazonable difference), then you're good.

-Emma