[ANSTHRLD] A Mullet quarterly

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Jun 16 06:06:12 PDT 2011

I would go with fimbriated in this case. Seems cleaner that way. Essentially they render as the same thing, but I am not sure you can void something quarterly or put a charge on a voided area.

Regardless unless someone can come up with a newer precedent overruling Da'ud you can't void or fimbriate an eight pointed star.
---------
Abaigeal Fairchild. Device. Per chevron vert and gules, a mullet of eight points voided within a bordure Or.

Most of the commenters felt that a mullet of eight points was too complex a charge to void or fimbriate. This therefore runs afoul of RfS VIII.3, which notes that "voiding and fimbriation may only be used iwth simple geometric charges pladed in the center of the design." 4/92
---------
Looking at your emblzazon you will see why. R line thickness is not really uniform all the way around

Alasdair

Joshua Brandl <norfildur at hotmail.com> wrote:

Ok... another attempt, Artistically appealing, heraldrically ... yeah...

http://www.jbrandl.net/mullet_eight_quarterly_argent_gules.gif
(Fieldless) On a mullet of eight points sable voided quarterly argent and gules a pellet

i am not 100% on the blazon, i know that cotised would not be the correct term
i do not think (Fieldless) On a mullet of eight points quarterly argent and gules fimbriated sable a pellet
would be correct either... so voiding would be the idea... now to send it for yall's opinions / blazonging
attempts... hopefully NOT to be forgotten after a couple of posts...