[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Purpure Dragon

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jun 29 09:32:58 PDT 2011

> Are you saying that "Argent, two dragons combattant purpure
> sustaining between them an arrow inverted vert" conflicts with BOTH
> "Argent, a dragon purpure" AND "Argent, an arrow inverted vert"?

Yup.

Regardless of all the other CD rules, you can't get a CD for adding
some charges to an existing group and then another CD for making
changes to the charges that weren't in the original design.

For example, my original device submission was essentially
"Azure, four coneys rampant in annulo heads to center argent".
It bounced versus
"Azure, a coney rampant argent."
The return of my appeal said that I was not allowed to add three
bunnies to the protected device and then get another CD for turning
them heads to center.

So
"Argent, a dragon purpure"
->
"Argent, two dragons combattant purpure sustaining between them an
arrow inverted vert":
one CD for adding to the primary charge group one dragon rampant to
sinister and one arrow.

"Argent, an arrow inverted vert":
->
"Argent, two dragons combattant purpure sustaining between them an
arrow inverted vert":
one CD for adding two dragons combattant.

For going the other direction, it's similar: you just get a CD for
deleting two primary charges.

At least that's my understanding.

Danihel de Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com