[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette March 2011
obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Wed Mar 2 10:40:28 PST 2011
Ansteorran Gazette March 2011
Letter From Star:
This letter marks the official opening of my office for applications.
Obviously this is a required position; I will not be seeking an extension to
my tenure, so the kingdom is in need! The duties of the office of Star
Principal Herald are outlined in Kingdom Law, the Administrative Handbook
for the College of Arms, and the Ansteorran College of Heralds and Scribes
Administrative Handbook. You should be familiar with all three of these
documents. While the College of Heralds and Scribes is a very diverse
operation, the office of Star Principal is largely an administrative one.
There are, however, plenty of opportunities for dabbling in court and other
vocal heraldry, submissions, precedence, award constitutions, and such like.
As a Greater Office of State, you should be well-versed in
conflict-resolution and be able to wisely counsel the Crown.
Applications, including a copy of your membership card and photo ID, should
be sent to the Crown, Laurel, and myself by April 30. Electronic scans are
acceptable. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about
the behind-the-scenes workings of the office.
Sharp eyes may notice an extra note from me in the February Black Star. Per
the Administrative Handbook III.A.1 "...in the case of defunct Society
branches...", we will be releasing the following branch names and armory. If
you have any comments or concerns, please let me know as soon as possible.
1. An Loch, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, a lymphad and
on a chief wavy argent a laurel wreath vert.
2. Black Oak Keep, Incipient Shire of. Release of group name and device. Per
bend sinister gules and azure, a bend sinister cotised and in dexter chief a
laurel wreath Or.
3. Crossrode Keep, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Argent, on a
saltire gules a tower Or, overall a laurel wreath vert.
4. Marche Sauvage, Incipient Shire of La. Release of group name and
device. Sable, a laurel wreath argent within a stag's massacre and a bordure
5. Middleford, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Bendy wavy gules
and argent, a bridge of one arch sable within a laurel wreath vert.
6. Middleford, Shire of. Release of badge. Bendy wavy gules and argent, a
bridge of one arch sable a bordure vert.
7. Rivers Run, Canton of. Release of group name and device. Or, a bend wavy
azure between a laurel wreath vert and three thistles vert headed and
8. Stonebridge Keep, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Vert, on a
pale azure fimbriated, in base a laurel wreath argent, overall in chief a
single-arched bridge Or.
9. Tempio, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, a Grecian
temple within a laurel wreath argent.
10. Torre de los Brazos, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure,
on a tower between in fess two swords Or, a laurel wreath vert, all within a
11. Wastelands, Shire of. Release of group name and device. Azure, two
stalks of wheat in saltire surmounted by another palewise, all within a
laurel wreath Or.
12. Wyndhame, Shire of. Release of group name.
And finally, If you are heading to Gulf Wars, think about stopping by
Heralds Point and helping us out for a shift or two, or three, or....
Remember, you get volunteer points, and chocolate!
Emma de Fetherstan
Star Principal Herald
STATUS OF ILoIs
ILoI 2010-09: Comments due October 10.
LoI 2010-10. Laurel meeting January.
ILoI 2010-10: Comments due November 10.
LoI 2010-11. Laurel meeting Feburary.
ILoI 2010-11: Comments due December 10.
LoI 2010-12. Laurel meeting March.
ILoI 2010-12: Comments due January 10.
LoI 2011-01. Laurel meeting April.
ILoI 2011-01: Comments due February 10.
LoI 2011-02. Laurel meeting May.
ILoI 2011-02: Comments due March 10.
Decision meeting and LoI March.
ILoI 2011-03: Comments due April 10.
Decision meeting and LoI April.
Upcoming Decision Meetings:
* March At Home: Tentatively 3/26 at 2PM Coffee Waves, Corpuse Christi, TX
* April: Stargate Baronial April 9th. Time TBA - THIS IS A CHANGE FROM
* May: Steppes Warlord - Date/Time TBA
Internal Letter of Intent 2011-03
1. Alys Langton (Seawinds, Shire of) Device Resubmission
2. Beonne seo brune (Steppes, Barony of) New Name New Badge
3. Dmitri Davidovich Volkhovsky (Steppes, Barony of) New Name
ILoI 2011-03 can be found at http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201103.pdf
Annotated Internal Collated Commentary 2011-01
1. Asiya bint Mikhail (Steppes, Barony of) New Name Change and Device.
2. Charles Grothaus (Raven's Fort, Barony of) New Name and Device.
3. Elisava llliesca (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Device.
4. Jon Luthersson(Steppes, Barony of) New Name and Device.
5. Padraig of Kilkenney(Gate’s Edge, Shire of) Resubmitted Name and Device.
6. William “Spike” Harper (Bjornsborg, Barony of) New Name and Device.
AICC 2011-01 can be found at: http://herald.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201101.pdf
Fast Tracks for 2011-02
1. Ebergardis von Zell - Resub Badge
The external Letter of Intent for February 2011 can be found at
A list of items currently in progress can be found at
Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found at
More information about the Heralds