[ANSTHRLD] Cardinal Proper

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 14:03:38 PDT 2011

A cardinal proper has been defined.

[September 1989 LoAR, R-Ansteorra]

Dennis Landhammer. Device. Or, a
cardinal close proper.Since the cardinal is red with some minor
black markings on the face and
only a single major can be derived for
difference of type of bird, this is in
conflict with several coats
which feature red birds on an Or field: Fysher ("Or, a
kingfisher close gules.", cited in Papworth, p. 305), Aquila
("Or, an
eagle close gules." ibid., p. 301)
and Cheeke ("Or, a cock gules, beaked sable.", ibid.,
p. 295).

It will probably be ruled a weirdness but registrable since it is a New World species.

Magnus