[ANSTHRLD] Keys and crow

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:40:40 PDT 2011

Might these links help?

htt p://coblaith.net/Heraldry/Cross es/ofcharges.h tml#keys

http ://www.antir heralds.org/oscar/index.php?action=100&loi=151
     (Item #5)

http://ww w.briantimms.net/ era/db3900.html
     (Items #3883, 3884, 3885, 3886, and 3898)

http://ww w.college-of- arms.gov.uk/Sankey.htm

I deliberately added some spaces to the URL's to make them mailing
list-friendly. Those spaces will obviously need to be removed.

Detlef v M
Tir Medoin

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Ronald Blackman <eirik at hot.rr.com> wrote:

> Doing a little Google searching, I found the following:" An antique key
> usually has three basic parts: The part you handle and turn is known as the
> "bow," the tab that operates the lock is called the "bit," and the two are
> connected by a "shank."
> From this link: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/tools-and-hardware/keys
>
> I'd trust it slightly more than Wikipedia.
>
> Eirik Halfdanarson

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!