[ANSTHRLD] Announcement: Heraldic Classes and Consultation Table at Elfsea Baronial College

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:31:22 PDT 2011

Greetings to the College!

It is my pleasure to announce that there will be several Heraldic classes
taught at Elfsea Baronial College:

An Introduction to Heraldry - Herr Andreas von Meißen, Nautilus Pursuivant
(1 hour)
Class will cover the origins of heraldry, the basic rules, what constitutes
good heraldic design and why, an introduction to heraldic use in the SCA,
and other topics.

Armory Conflicts - Magistra Emma de Fetherstan, Wreath Queen of Arms (2
hours)
This class will explore the foundations of conflict checking armory,
including group theory and cadency. Both the current set of Rules for
Submissions will be covered, as well as the new upcoming rules revision,
emphasizing what is essentially the same and what is new between the two
sets of rules.

Heraldry: Wreath Roadshow - Magistra Emma de Fetherstan, Wreath Queen of
Arms (1 hour)
Curious about how decisions are made to register armory at the Society
level? Attend a heraldic decision meeting run by Wreath Queen of Arms!

Finally, there will be a Heraldic Decision Meeting held at the event, to
make decisions on which heraldic submissions should be forwarded to Laurel
for consideration or returned for further work.

I will also be hosting a Heraldic Consultation Table all day (after my
class). I would appreciate any help at the table that the College would be
willing to offer. The Elfsea library is fairly good, and I will be going
over it this weekend to determine holes, but any book or resources that
visiting heralds could bring would help greatly. I will also be attempting
to secure wireless internet and will be bringing my laptop to assist
conflict-checking. Guests are welcome to bring theirs as well.

Sincerely,

Andreas Nautilus

PS: If anyone is interested in teaching additional courses, please feel
free to contact me or the event coordinator, Don Sebastian Frobishire (
sebastianf[at]sbcglobal.net).

--
Andrew R. Mizener/ Herr Andreas von Meißen
Cadet to Warder Brighid MacCumhal